The Pecoraro's

The Pecoraro's

Friday, October 21, 2016

Loressa and Ryan #wattssweeterthanlove

I’ve been trying to wrap my mind around what I want to say about the wedding of Loressa and Ryan. My heart is so full! The last two weeks before the wedding were actually quite difficult for me. I cried every time I looked at or even talked to Loressa. Time was racing by and I could do nothing to slow it down. I thought constantly about all of the things that were happening for the last time. I made a mental note of the last time I took her to therapy, the last time I brushed and curled her hair, the last time I drove her to church and the last time I sang her to sleep and prayed over her as she fell asleep. Then, in a rush, like a wind that I couldn’t control, the day of the wedding was here and all I could do was let it come and treasure the memories of the past, but embrace God’s wonderful plan as it was unfolding before me.

There were so many memorable moments leading up to the wedding and then, the most memorable time of all, the wedding itself…Loressa looked like a princess and Ryan made the perfect prince and the decorations in the church reminded me of a beautiful fairytale…but their wedding was so much more wonderful than any fairytale wedding could ever be! God was at the center of their wedding ceremony and He will also be the center of their marriage. What could be better than that? I’m so thankful for everyone that attended and for those who encouraged them by praying over them on this special day. All of those prayers culminated in a beautiful picture of love and commitment as Loressa and Ryan stood at the altar and spoke their vows before the Lord. God reminded me over and over again that this special day was a beautiful, tangible picture of God’s faithfulness.

I remember hearing and saying over and over again of how we wanted God to be glorified through the accident and the recovery. Romans 8:28 says “And we know for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to His purpose.”

We trusted in those words, but even in trusting that God had a good and perfect plan, I would never have guessed that God would bring to Loressa her future husband as a direct result of the accident. She met Ryan because she received an award. She received the award because she had a good attitude in her recovery. Ryan was there when she received the award because he had worked his way through college as a tech for Baylor rehab. That means that Ryan was in place working at Baylor long before Loressa’s accident, long before we would ever choose Baylor for the place she would receive her care. If you are reading this blog, I hope you get a small glimpse of how overwhelmed and grateful I am for the magnitude of God’s plan. The daily details of our lives matter to God and something as horrible as the accident was all a part of a beautiful plan to bring them together and to spotlight a magnificent God! 

I was able to fill a special role in Loressa’s life for all of those years before the wedding. Although the “lasts” that led up to the wedding were difficult for me, watching God’s plan play out before me was incredible.

Loressa, you will always be my little girl and I will miss having a front row seat watching your life, but I’m so excited for your future and all of the “firsts” that you will get to experience in your new role as wife to Ryan.





No comments: