The Pecoraro's

The Pecoraro's

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Being intimidated by the word "Blog"

Hi everybody, I have to tell you that it makes me so happy that a few people have been reading my blog. I do wish it wasn't called a blog, though. For some reason, I'm uncomfortable saying the word.  I think it just sounds funny coming out of my mouth. Like when I tell the kids, " I wrote a new blog today!" or "I wrote about you in my blog." The word "blog" is just weird. I think that maybe I don't like the word because I'm over 50 and it just seems like something that a younger person should be saying....I know, I know, saying the word "blog" should not be difficult or uncomfortable for someone who has birthed 7 children, but yet, we are talking about me-the one who second guesses just about everything she says and replays conversations over and over again in her mind to figure out if she said something wrong. Yeah, that's me- the woman who wrote a blog about how uncomfortable she is saying the word "blog." Maybe I could think of something else to call it - like a code word for "blog." Let me know if you have any bright ideas:)

1 comment:

Only By His Grace said...

Hey Pam,
I agree, blog is a terrible name. I started a Blog a number of months ago, and quite honestly have had a hard time getting back to it, though it had nothing to do with the name. Time has been the issue, and I guess lack of committment. I did not have a lot of followers, so I was disappointed about that, but I had hopes of helping other pain sufferers and it didn't seem to happen. I do want to get back to it, but I have this hurdle that I need to get over.

Well, back to you and your blog, I think you could just ignore the name blog completely. Could you just call it your daily log, or do what I did, not call it anything. I just wrote. You could just say, "I wrote about you today."

Mostly what I want to tell you is that I didn't know that you worry about doing something wrong, or saying anything wrong. Struggles often lead to strengths, and perhaps this is so with you. If you feel as if speaking causes you a great deal of concern, perhaps, that is in part, why the Lord made you into such a great writer, story-teller, and skit-writer.
I have to say that you sure are one terrific kids choir leader. And I have to say that you are also a great person and friend. Blessings as you LOG... Elaine