The Pecoraro's

The Pecoraro's

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Well, I've been a grandma since Wednesday and I love it! The only hard part is that I can't be around Violet Rose 24/7. Her parents have this silly idea that they are supposed to be with her more than she is supposed to be with me. I guess they are right, but, oh, how I wish I could hold her constantly. She is so beautiful and I look forward to the future that she has. Speaking of the future,... I think it's really unbelievable that time goes by so fast. Emily was that tiny baby in my arms 23 years ago and it seems like yesterday. I'm scared that if I blink I'm going to miss part of Violet's childhood......I know, I'm a little obsessive, aren't I, but that's still how I feel about all of my own kids, too. I don't want to miss a single thing. I video things that are probably unnecessary and I take extra pictures of just about everything.  I've spent most of my days as a parent in a quest to make memories and to make sure that I will remember and celebrate special moments, but I still can't stand time passing by. I know I should be used to it by now. Three of my children are pretty much grown and the other four will be catching up to them before I know it, but I will never get used to time marching on....See why I need to hold Violet, I need a distraction from over-thinking growing up. I just need Violet in my arms because when she is in my arms all I can think about is her:)

1 comment:

Only By His Grace said...

I hear ya, friend, and I know what you are feeling. You are a great mom, and you will be a great G-ma no doubt. And you have provided so much to so many that there are enough memories to take a life-time just to tell of them.
Enjoy your sweet Violet. (I wish I had gotten her outfit in Violet)
love and blessings, Elaine