The Pecoraro's

The Pecoraro's

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Let me tell you about...the birth of parenthood

Oh, my goodness, I couldn't wait to get on here and write about the wonderful events of the last 24 hours. Yesterday at this time, I was just a mom....Today, I'm a grandma. My first baby, Emily, has just given birth to her first baby, Violet Rose Fulks!!! I'm so proud of Emily and Sam. They are already wonderful parents. It is so amazing to watch the transformation into parenthood. God is so wonderful in the way that He made the woman to carry the child inside of her for 9 months. The couple has that time to get used to the fact that they are going to be a mom and a dad.  Then comes the anticipated moment when they realize the baby really is coming. There is excitement and maybe even a little confusion over what is going on and then, in the wee hours of the morning, the miraculous moment when she arrives. All that they have talked about and imagined for 9 months is reality and they, in that moment, change into a mommy and a daddy. They have just met, in person, the child they have been waiting for. Emily is radiantly beautiful, as always, and Sam is just as handsome as before, but I can see an immediate difference in their countenance. They have stepped across the threshold into parenthood and they will never be the same...They know they have been part of a miracle...

4 comments:

Heather Hamm said...

sobbing with joy for you all!!

Jennifer said...

Congratulations, Pam, on becoming a grandmother! I have a feeling that your posts will be greatly influenced by your new role!

Anonymous said...

This is Mackenna, I LOVE YOU VIOLET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mom, you are going to be an amazing grandma, I know you will enjoy holding Violet. You have taught Emily very well to be one great mama. Violet will have a great Nana Rose. haha. Have fun in grandmahood.

Teresa said...

They look absolutely radiant! I know you and John are very proud grandparents too! Tell them for me to enjoy every minute of their new addition because they grow up just too darn fast! Emily is beautiful and hard to believe that she was once that little so many years ago. You and John have done a wonderful job in raising her (as well as the rest of your family). Another generation of God's children living for Him!