The Pecoraro's

The Pecoraro's

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Staying up late...working on projects

I have my two biggest projects of the year coming up very soon so I have been working and working on the plans for them. Actually, by working, I mean staying up all night typing and retyping.  My ongoing "biggest" project is writing the next musical for the youth and children's choirs at my church. I absolutely love the feeling of getting the thoughts down on paper that God shows me to write about.  I love how He shows me things to add or take away and how He gives me the ideas to write about in the first place.  I love how He shows me in my mind what I'm supposed to get across to the audience. It gives me a joy that I have only recently realized that I receive from it. The play this year is going to be about spiritual warfare and the songs are incredible. They are all written  by some really talented songwriters. It will touch on some very important issues that affect us all in one way or another such as relationships, divorce, loosing our way and the struggles to lead our families the way that we should. As I have been choosing songs and writing on the script, I've been thinking about how intense the material is. At moments, it seems like I should pick material that isn't so heavy, but then I remember that God led me to the ideas that He wants me to address.... Life IS hard more often than it is not. Life DOESN"T always turn out the way we think it will and life IS going by quickly, so we must not waste the few years we have on this earth. I hope the play will speak to the people that choose to come to it. If only I could get it finished, then maybe it wouldn't consume my every thought. My other big event will be the  decorations and activities for the upcoming D NOW  at our church. I can't wait to tell you all about it, but a lot of it is still a secret, so I can't yet (just in case any of the students ever read this). I'm so thankful, by the way, that both of these things bring me such joy!!!! I'm sure I'll tell you  more about both of my special projects in the weeks to come because both of them sort of consume me.... Oh, well, I guess I've taken a long enough break...The script beckons me....I must go...

Thanks for reading. I hope you all have a blessed day:)

No comments: