The Pecoraro's

The Pecoraro's

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Hello Everyone (not just moms)

Hello again to those who are following along as we try our best to figure out ways to encourage each other. I hope that each of you realize that you are needed in the never ending business of building each other up.

Anyone can tear another person down. It doesn't take much... a look, a thoughtless remark, a Facebook post. I have been discouraged by each of those things, so I'm pretty sure others have also. I know there are some people who just make me feel worse about myself (and I'm convinced they are doing it on purpose), but I'm trying my hardest to not let them get inside my head because they absolutely do not belong there. Oh, I know that I'm totally a sinner and deserve to feel bad about myself, but if the God of the universe values me enough to have sent His Son to rescue me from my sinful self then I have no business allowing some thoughtless person to make me feel worthless.

Who wants to be known as a discourager?  Not me!
Who wants to be the one everyone avoids because they never have anything positive to say? Not me!

Who wants to make it to the end of their life and leave a legacy of encouragement to all who have known them? ME! ME! ME!

I really hope you will join me in lifting others up. Our friends and acquaintances need our words of encouragement. They need to be noticed...

Maybe we could all, in the next 24 hours, find someone to build up through our words or actions. Maybe we could find a lot of "someones". Just like anyone can be a discourager, anyone can be an encourager. It might take a little "courage," but let's give it a try.... It can't hurt and I'm pretty sure it will spread a little joy to those who receive your words of affirmation.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I accept your challenge <3
Thank you Pam!

Pam Pecoraro said...

Great Heather! I really hope others will see it as a challenge, too and go forth to spread a little love!