The Pecoraro's

The Pecoraro's

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Moms of Sons Encouraging other Moms of Sons

Hi moms, I hope your week has been wonderful and, just in case it hasn't been wonderful, I hope you have been able to find blessing in the midst of any chaos and peace in the midst of any storms. My week was spent on many things, but one of my focuses for this week was figuring out what our next step in "Moms Encouraging Moms" ought to be....

I have, indeed, figured it out and I'm excited to announce that Monday, February 20th, we will have another meeting of the moms, but this one will be specific to mothers of sons. It is my prayer that God can lead us to develop relationships that will help us all as we raise our sons to grow from boys to men. This will not be a Bible Study or book study, although those things may come in the future. This will be a time of sharing and encouraging one another from a Biblical viewpoint.

I'm very excited to announce that my friend and the mother of my son-in-law, Connie Fulks, is going to cohost the evening with me at her home.  She is going to share some of her story with you and I know you will be blessed. She is the momma that raised my daughter's husband to become a Godly young man, so I will forever be grateful for her influence on him.

Because of the evening being specific to mothers of sons, I feel like we will be able to have time to ask questions and discuss things that we were not able to go into depth with the last time we were together. I hope that, if you have sons, you will be there and I hope that you will extend the invitation to any of your friends that have sons whether or not you will be able to attend yourself. It is possible that you have sons that are grown or older and you may be wondering if this evening will have anything to offer you...well, maybe it will and maybe it won't, but one thing I'd like to ask you to do is pray about coming and participating with us anyway. Maybe God's plan for you on this night is for you to pour the wisdom that you have gained from your own experiences into some of the moms of younger boys.

I should have more details after this weekend, but mark your calendars now so you will be able to be with us. As always, you can contact me here with questions.

Blessings to you all!

1 comment:

Pam Pecoraro said...

I have more details for Monday, the 20th.
We will meet at Connie Fulks home in The Colony at 6:30 and we will plan on ending at 8:00. We will simply have dessert in order to have more time to talk, so eat before you come. Also, please contact me if you have any questions or concerns about the evening and let me know as soon as possible if you need someone to help with your children.