The Pecoraro's

The Pecoraro's

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas cont...

My last post on here was about Christmas Eve and our plans for accomplishing Christmas dinner. I thought I would let you know, since I'm quite sure you were all wondering...the meal was wonderful. The roast didn't burn. It tasted great and we all loved it. Everyone did their part to make the meal fantastic and memorable. Sam made macaroni and cheese because Emily inherited my cooking skills...sorry Sam. Mackenna made the mashed potatoes. Destiny set the table. Loressa made deviled eggs (Where did that name come from?), Halton made the desserts. Bethany made rice. Hunter made green beans and John made the salad.  I couldn't have asked for anything more.  We had an unbelievable time that lasted all day and into the night. We gave gifts, played games, won prizes and even watched a movie. It was fun and joyful and I was so blessed by my husband and my children. I also wanted to assure everyone that, even though I'm not a cook, my husband accepts my lack of skill in this area with love and humor. For Christmas, he gave me an adorable pink apron to wear that said, "I kiss better than I cook."....I'm glad he recognizes my true talents ;)

2 comments:

John said...

It truly was the most awesome Christmas to be together, have fun and most of all celebrate our Savior's birth. By the way, I sure am glad you kiss great!! Love you. John

Anonymous said...

Sometimes simpler is better! Love the apron; good job John! Beverly H.