The Pecoraro's

The Pecoraro's

Friday, May 6, 2011

Destiny "Face"

Happy Birthday, Destiny!

Destiny sandwich
So, my baby girl is officially 10. She is adorable, precious and a constant source of love and encouragement. Destiny's age is a perfect reminder of how long we have been at our church. John was called to be the youth minister here immediately after I had her. She was a tiny, 6 pound, three week old baby when we first came here. I can't believe I was that crazy to make a road trip with my six other young children and my tiny, Destiny Faith after a very difficult pregnancy and birth. What was I thinking? It was definitely the beginning of a crazy life, that's for sure.  Mackenna was just three and she couldn't say Destiny Faith. She called her "Destiny Face". Now, 10 years later, there are still a few people at the church who call her Destiny Face because of that first weekend when we came.

Destiny is such a wonderful "baby" of the family. She helps to keep me young at heart even though I'm so much older than all of her friend's moms. Of course, she helps to keep all of her siblings young at heart, too. I love that about our children. They have all allowed themselves to still enjoy some of the pleasures of childhood even after many others may have grown "too old" for those simple pleasures. I think that it's important to be able to keep some of childhood alive in your heart. It's a trait that will help them all to be better parents someday and, of course, I enjoy it, too.

I am so thankful that God has entrusted me with these precious children. I try not to take that blessing for granted. Today, I'm especially thankful for my precious, wonderful Destiny Faith. Thank you Lord for knowing how badly I needed her and for allowing me to be the recipient of her constant and unconditional love.

No comments: