The Pecoraro's

The Pecoraro's

Saturday, May 7, 2011

What did I get myself into?

The musical is one week away which actually computes to 8 hours of practice time away.  I don't have any idea how it can all work out, but I'm trying to hold out hope that it will.  I guess I'll let you know. If you live in the Dallas area, I hope you will plan on attending. It will be at 6:00 on Sunday, May 15th at The First Baptist Church of The Colony. The odd thing about writing the musicals and working so hard on them is the wondering if it is all worth it. My family sacrifices a lot for me to write them. My family, the youth and parents that are involved sacrifice a lot to practice and make them worth watching. I guess it is around this time (a week before the presentation) that I start to wonder, "What did I get myself into?" I'm sure there are students asking themselves that same question....So...What DID I get myself into?... I got myself into a position where all of my inadequacies at putting it all together show (a humbling experience). I got myself in a position to be around so many awesome youth (again, a humbling experience). I get to see my writing come to life in a way that most people never get to see. (again, humbling).  I get to help create memories for the students and children that they will hopefully tell their own children about someday (spoken in a parent's voice-"When I was your age, I played the part of a demon in a play.") I get to obsess over whether or not I wrote what I was supposed to write. (you guessed it-humbling) And I get to deal with my own personal demon-the fear of man. What I really want the answer to the question to be is that I got myself into a place where God could use me, but I seem to keep getting in the way (very humbling)...If you have the chance, please pray for me this week. Pray as God leads you. Thanks so much......
 Lord, I pray that You will use the musical "Set Us Free" in my life and in other's lives. I pray that there will be joy and peace in my heart about it and that You will remove all of my fear. I pray that it will all be "worth it" to You and to Your kingdom. Amen.

2 comments:

Diane said...

Pam, I wish I could be there to experience this. I know the program will inspire, challenge and encourage all who hear. I will pray for you as you 'give birth' to yet another....You inspire me. I love reading your blog-just makes me wish for more than 1 hour to talk!! Love, D

Pam Pecoraro said...

I wish you could be here, too! Thanks for the encouragement.