The Pecoraro's

The Pecoraro's

Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas eve...

I'm excited about Christmas...This will be our first Christmas at home in a very long time. I'm looking forward to it, but at the same time, I'm a little nervous. I haven't had all the responsibility to make Christmas special on my own shoulders for a long time. I've always been at someone's house who knows what they are doing-you know, they know how to cook and all. My kids all wanted to order out for Christmas dinner because they knew I would not thrive on being in the kitchen, therefore, they would not thrive on seeing me miserable, nor would anyone enjoy my stressed out craziness in trying to get it all done...They were trying to spare me, and by doing so, they would be sparing themselves... I actually believe I have a few good qualities, but cooking is definitely not one of them. No turkey this year...No dressing...(turkey dressing that is-we do plan on wearing clothing...hmmm...now wouldn't that be an interesting new tradition) We are planning on having roast for Christmas dinner because I can make that. It goes in a crock pot and it doesn't burn. It's going to be wonderful:)...Now to get busy with Christmas Eve...there is still so much to do. I hope it will be wonderful for all of you.

3 comments:

John said...

You are a wonderful cook. It is going to be great having everyone home for Christmas. I love you. John

Anonymous said...

Oh Pam, I read all your posts and so enjoyed them. Your writing is real and I find myself thinking - yep I've felt that way. Thanks for sharing your life with others.
Your old friend Renee

Pam Pecoraro said...

Renee, it's so good to hear from you. That makes me so happy!!! I wish I could see you and Brenda this year, but Emily is expecting any day now...I'm so excited!!!I'll talk to you soon.
Pam