The Pecoraro's

The Pecoraro's

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Let me tell you about...Three birthdays and a Christmas

Well, I haven't written on here for a while, but that doesn't mean I haven't been thinking about it. I have so many things that I want to write about because so much has happened since the last time that I wrote. I look forward to putting my thoughts into print. Sometimes my thoughts are probably better off not in print, but regardless of that fact...Let me tell you about...Three birthdays and a Christmas. As if the weeks before Christmas are not busy enough, the Lord chose to bless our family with three extra celebrations during this week in December. My daughter, Bethany, had her 17th birthday on December 13th, my son, Halton, will turn 19 on his birthday on December 17th, and my birthday is December 18th. We have a tradition that we started several years ago where we celebrate our birthdays with our family at midnight as soon as the birthday "day" begins. So, on Sunday night at midnight, we began the celebration for Bethany's birthday and we will do the same for Halton and me. We started doing our celebrating this way because I didn't want the busyness of the day itself to rob us of the chance to make the birthday girl or boy feel special.  I love our midnight birthday parties. No one has to take an important phone call, or be in class, or in a meeting. Everyone can be there and, because we are Pecoraro's, midnight is our best time of day! Since most of the world around us has stopped for the night, our focus can be completely on the one with the birthday. This week in December is probably busy for just about everybody, but I get to have my family together at midnight on three of these busy days. I love it. My sweet son-in-law even brings my oldest daughter, Emily, for the midnight celebrations. I couldn't ask for anything more... Oh, but I am going to get something more...Emily and Sam are expecting my first grandbaby and guess when she is due? Baby Violet is probably going to make her appearance sometime in December. I can't wait for another celebration when she is born. After we finish with all of our birthdays, we get the opportunity to celebrate an even more important birthday, the birthday of our Savior, Jesus Christ. As you can see, December is very important time of year for me and it brings me great joy. I hope you will all find great joy along with me as you celebrate during this special time of year.

No comments: