The Pecoraro's

The Pecoraro's

Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Christmas Legacy

I just finished my last post, but I have been wanting to finally talk about what this blog was originally going to be about in the first place-my scripts. Many years ago, I felt like God was calling me to become a writer. For most of those years, I felt the yearning in my heart to follow through with that calling, but I just didn't know how. I struggled with my failure to do what I felt like I was told to do. It was always on my mind, but I felt so inadequate and in many ways, I still do. I have taught youth and children's choirs for many, many years and I have always loved it. Quite a few years ago, as I searched for a youth musical to work on with my students, I was disappointed that I was never able to find a musical that went deep enough or one that fit the needs of my kids at church. As I struggled with what to do, a thought came to mind that I could probably put enough material together to have the kind of play that I wanted. I searched and search for skits and songs and, amazingly, it turned out ok. Over the next years, God began giving me ideas for what He wanted the next musicals to be about and, since that time, I have been writing the scripts for all of our youth and children's musicals. I hope to use this blog as a way to show what God is doing with the stories He has given me to write. Right now I am working on the musical for this coming spring. It's a work in progress, so I would appreciate your prayers.

Most recently, I had the opportunity to write a short skit for a women's brunch to go along with the topic of finding joy. I was excited to come up with a way to express the difference that Christ can make in living a fulfilling life. What I came up with was "The Christmas Legacy." It ended with a wonderful song by Matthew West called "The Story of Your Life." I'm going to put the video of the performance on youtube on the channel "pampeck9". It's about 10 minutes long, so I hope you'll watch until the end. Let me know what you think. I hope to begin to put video samples of some of the other things I have written, too. I'll let you know when I do.
  

No comments: