The Pecoraro's

The Pecoraro's

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Project for a Procrastinator

I have a huge announcement that is going to make you all very proud of me. Are you ready? I, Pam Pecoraro, admit that I am a procrastinator and I am currently undergoing treatment for this unfortunate disability. My first round of therapy for my procrastination began yesterday by starting a project that I have been planning for the last 9 years. What project, you might ask, could take 9 years to plan and finally fulfill? Are you ready??? Painting our family room!!! Over the years, I have probably gone to Lowes, Home Depot or Walmart and picked up those little paint color cards more times than anyone should admit to. I would conservatively guess that I have probably picked up enough of those cute little cards to wallpaper an entire room, but of course, I don't want to wallpaper, I want to paint.  For the many years that we have lived in our current house, I have never liked the dull, plain paint that covers most of our walls. I have always wanted to spice up our rooms with some creativity and add a little color, but most of my ideas stay in my head. I put them off and they never actually make it to the "spicing up" stage.  Several years ago, I had my first treatment to counteract my procrastination and fulfill some of my creativity issues.  I painted a huge Superman "S" on the wall in the boy's room and that, along with all the stuff I paint at church, has managed to tide me over in the creativity department to some degree. My family even intervened on my behalf before Emily's wedding and surprised me by painting the downstairs den, (I had purchased the paint-just hadn't ever painted).  Now, I'm happy to say, it's time for another session of treatment and it, once again, involves paint.  I couldn't wait to pick out the paint and there was always only one color that I for sure didn't want to use and that was the color "green." Somehow, I considered green the wrong color for me. Maybe my fear of green is because of the avocado green of the 70's. You know, the days when the color of your appliances was chosen in order to camouflage the guacamole you splattered on the wall. Well, guess what color we chose for the family room? Green!!! And not only, green, but two different shades of green. Now that I've admitted my procrastination issues and my issues with the color green, I feel so much better. Now all I have to do is finish...Hopefully in less than 9 years.

No comments: