The Pecoraro's

The Pecoraro's

Friday, April 1, 2011

Youth choir...to the parents and the youth!

I was going to tell all of the kids in youth choir tonight that this was going to be my last play and that I was going to quit youth choir cause I just couldn't take it anymore...and then tell them April Fools!!! but I couldn't do it. I LOVE LEADING YOUTH CHOIR! Tonight we had our first long rehearsal for the upcoming musical entitled "Set Us Free" and it was wonderful! Our youth group is filled with creative, talented kids who love being together. It makes me really happy to watch them work together and accomplish so much. I watched as they taught each other choreography to the songs and I'm amazed at the way they willingly accepted the responsibilities that I gave them. I don't think there are very many, if any, churches that have the kind of group that we have. I mean, think about it: 40 or 50 kids-friday night-rehearsing-singing-dancing. They could have all probably been doing something different, but they chose to spend the evening working toward the goal of presenting something worthwhile for the Lord. I am so pleased!!! If you read this and you are a parent of one of those kids, I just want you to know what a blessing your children are to me. Thanks for letting me have them in youth choir!

No comments: