The Pecoraro's

The Pecoraro's

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter

Wow, Easter is here already. Most of my family is at a youth prison today to have an Easter service for the inmates. John is preaching. More Than A Memory is leading worship and a bunch of other youth are there to talk with and encourage the people in the prison. I'm glad they are getting the chance to go out of their comfort zone to make what Jesus did on the cross a reality to those that need to hear inside the prison walls. They are taking an Easter service to them while many other people are busy preparing their own Easter celebrations in their homes and churches...Easter is a special holiday, especially for those us who call ourselves Christians. It is a reminder to all people that our Jesus did not die just for the sake of suffering and dying for us, but also in order to prove that He had power over death. I'm glad to have Easter as a symbol for all of the rest of the people of the world, but for me, personally, every Sunday is Easter. Actually, every moment is Easter. Jesus' resurrection is what we, as Christians, celebrate every single moment of our lives. Without it, we are nothing. Without it, there is no hope. Without it, our Savior is still in a grave like every other man. My risen Savior didn't die just to be "celebrated," He died to give me forgiveness and hope and eternal life and a relationship with God and...He died to give me LIFE, so that my entire LIFE could be a "celebration" of His resurrection...I pray that every moment will be a celebration of "Easter Sunday" in my heart and yours.

No comments: