The Pecoraro's

The Pecoraro's

Monday, April 18, 2011

Prom 2011

Well, I haven't written anything since before Prom. I started a post, but never finished, so I think I'll do that right now....This past weekend (the weekend of April 9) was as busy as ever in the Pecoraro home. We went out of town late Thursday night in order to spend Friday with John's family and some close friends. Then we left Saturday morning so we could be home in time for Bethany to have a hair appointment so she could have time to get ready for Prom. Prom could not have been more wonderful. The students had a wonderful time. They danced. They ate. They had fun. And they did it all in a very wholesome, godly atmosphere. The music was wonderful, too. It was a huge blessing to be a part of and I'm so glad that it all came about. The week before the event, we all had a two hour long dance lesson to learn line dances and the waltz and the two step and the quick step and a few that my old mind and body can't remember. My mind was spinning at all of the dance information to remember, but the students all caught on really well and, of course, we also had "Just Dance 2" on the wii to add to the fun. I loved it all...the preparation and the actual event. Our church has never sponsored anything like a prom, but I am hopeful that it will become an annual event. I loved how the students that came to our prom had a blast together and walked away glad that they came. Most of them had actually decided beforehand that they didn't want to be a part of regular school prom because of the things that they had all heard about going on there. Wouldn't it be great if kids like ours who really would like to have fun at their prom, without all the unwholesomeness, would all have an alternative to what the schools have been offering them? Who knows, maybe good clean dancing can catch on everywhere. I hope so....Now, I have another idea. Wouldn't it be fun to have a prom for all of us married couples who would like to learn a dance or two? I've heard of having a "Second Chance Prom." I would so go for something like that. It would be fun to have an excuse to get dressed up and dance with my husband. So.....who could I get to plan that for me?

No comments: